UPC: 9789811960949 | Hermaphroditism and Mating Systems in Fish (Hardcover)

Add to wishlistAdded to wishlistRemoved from wishlist 0
Add to compare
Add your review
This Post layout works only with Content Egg
Check all prices
This site contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links including amazon associates and other affiliate programs.

Click to See Coupon Codes

  • At amazon.com you can purchase Hermaphroditism and Mating Systems in Fish for only 0.00
  • The lowest price of Hermaphroditism and Mating Systems in Fish was obtained on June 11, 2024 6:38 pm.
UPC: 9789811960949 | Hermaphroditism and Mating Systems in Fish (Hardcover)
UPC: 9789811960949 | Hermaphroditism and Mating Systems in Fish (Hardcover)

Description

UPC lookup results for: 9789811960949 | Hermaphroditism and Mating Systems in Fish (Hardcover)

This book provides a comprehensive review of hermaphroditism in fishes. It focuses on the behavioral ecology of functional hermaphroditism in fishes and discusses its evolution. Approximately 99% of all vertebrate species consist of separate-sex individuals (gonochorists) i.e. pure males and pure females. The other 1% of vertebrate species are hermaphroditic and almost all of them are fishes. Among hermaphroditic fishes four major types of hermaphroditism are known: simultaneous (or synchronous) hermaphroditism protandry (male-to-female sex change) protogyny (female-to-male sex change) and bidirectional sex change (or reversed sex change in protogynous species). The book examines the occurrence of hermaphroditism in relation to phylogeny and mating systems. It also reviews the hypotheses for the evolution of hermaphroditism and the size-advantage model which is the main theory for the evolution of sex change tested in relation to the mating system. The appendix in the last chapter provides an annotated list of hermaphroditic fish species (ca. 500 spp.).

Price History

Reviews (0)

User Reviews

0.0 out of 5
0
0
0
0
0
Write a review

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “UPC: 9789811960949 | Hermaphroditism and Mating Systems in Fish (Hardcover)”

ParamountMinds
Logo
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare
0